Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Katdish Christmas Video

This year has been amazing in so many ways. Last year at this time, this blog was read by literally tens of people. Extremely awesome people, but not exactly burning up the analytics with hits to my blog.

Hey Look a Chicken is not exactly a household name, but it has brought in its share of readers. I've been amazed at the writing talent out there and how my little circle of blogging buddies has expanded.

I'm not a complicated person. What you see is what you get. But one of the limits of communicating via the written word is that you can't see me and I can't see you.

Ladies and gentlemen, that's all about to change. I posted this video in February of this year. It is the first video taken with my new Flip camera. The gift: American Idol for Wii (Simon loves my singing! My son? Not so much...) And yes, my family is this loud and obnoxious all the time, so I come by it naturally.

So this is me...nice to meet you.



Sorry/you're welcome, and Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son's reaction is priceless. What an awesome gift! =] Nice to see you.

Corinne Cunningham said...

You are too cute! I hope you had a blast with it this year.

Marni said...

Marni wants "Just Dance" for Wii. My family has not lived until they see me get my "Can't Touch This" dance on like I did in college. Here's to hoping...

And in the spirit of Christmas and getting all mushy, let me just say I have so enjoyed your blog, but mainly I've enjoyed you and your awesome friendship. God bless Jon Acuff. That man needs a medal or something.

Shark Bait said...

Lovely.

<-SB><

Annie K said...

If Marni gets Just Dance and you have American Idol...wow, that could be some party.

Helen said...

It's nice to see you in action again.

I don't know if I should post a video of me again this year.... It took a long time for my computer to get fixed afterward...

Helen wants world peace and for all the children of the world to hold hands. She'll settle for the REO Speedwagon Christmas CD though... ;-)

Jeanne Damoff said...

For some reason your video is "currently not available." I'm guessing it crashed because millions of people tried to access it at one time. I'll try again later (loud and obnoxious is my favorite, after all), but meanwhile, just want you to know that I'm delighted to be among the new Katdish fans (the elevens?) who hopped on the "Hey Look a Chicken" train this year. Love your blog. Love you. Have a beautiful Christmas, friend!

xo, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Wow... katdish... 'live'!

It is wonderful to see you... now where is the video of you singing/playing the game?!

Maureen said...

Enjoyed being able to hear your voice. (I "hear" that voice every day that you post, but this time it's just a little bit different.)

Stephanie Wetzel said...

I agree with Bridget! It's been almost a year! Where's the video of you putting the game to use?

Billy Coffey said...

So you're, what, seven years old? Awesome.

Candy said...

1. Your daughter is precious
2. You need to work on your jazz hands.

AWESOME!!