Monday, April 5, 2010

Yankees or Red Sox?


image courtesy of photobucket.com

In honor of Major League Baseball's Opening Day, rather than Billy's usual Monday post here, devout Red Sox fan Bryan Allain and devout Yankees fan Billy Coffey have agreed to plead their case for their beloved teams on each other's blogs today. I'll give you a brief snippet of each, then you may follow the links and let them know where your allegiance lies.

Will you side with Billy Coffey...


I’m trying to write this with the non-baseball fan in mind, if there is such a thing. I suspect there is. While baseball is still considered our national pastime, there’s no denying the allure of sports like football and basketball, those bastions of instant gratification. Baseball is different. It is cerebral and methodical and all those other brainy words that end in “-al”. It’s God’s game. There’s no doubting this.

The rules are many and somewhat complicated, so I won’t get into them here. What I will do, however, is touch upon the one thing you need to do in order to be considered a true baseball fan.

You have to pick a side.

Yankees or Red Sox...Read the rest of Billy's story here

or Bryan Allain?

Billy Coffey is a Yankees fan and I am a Red Sox fan. We might agree on a lot of the important things in life, but when it comes to baseball, make no mistake about it, he is my enemy.

If you're reading this post and you too are a fan of the Red Sox or Yankees, I know you can't be swayed. I've got a better shot at changing your gender than changing your mind about which team to root for. But for those of you who don't have an allegiance either way, let me offer up a few points to help you make an informed decision. Read the rest of Bryan's story here

***

What's that? Where does my allegiance lie? I'll give you two guesses, and the first one doesn't count...

image courtesy of photobucket.com

7 comments:

Corinne Cunningham said...

Loved these... Go Red Sox ;)

Marni said...

To me, watching baseball is equalivent to watching paint dry, so reading this post was like "waa waa waa waa waaaaaa" (think Charlie Brown's teacher).

BUT, I heart me some Billy Coffey, so if I need to choose a side here, I'll have to say, "Go Yankees!" My hubs is a Sox fan, so that right there might have just cost me my marriage. We'll see...

Bryan Allain said...

i apologize to everyone for the largeness of that picture of me. there should be a disclaimer at the top of the post warning people who are reading while eating breakfast or are on heart medicine. yikes.

♥ Kathy said...

Is there a choice for neither? I don't watch baseball :)

Anonymous said...

My BIL and SIL are in town from NY for Easter. Last night while having dinner, the conversation had plenty to do with this topic. My other BIL is a huge Sox fan... needless to say there was a lot of controversy and neither is going to budge.

I don't watch as often as I should, but the Yankees are my team of choice.

Bonnie Gray said...

Well, Billy, you had me until "basketball and football...those bastions of instant gratification."

Then, Bryan said he could change genders... now, I'm all confused...

:)

Bryan's picture is much bigger, tho'.

Helen said...

Billy, you had me until you described my team as the ugly girl at the prom!