Saturday, May 9, 2009

Okay, so here's the deal...


I've been praying for God to give my life more balance, that I use my gifts for good, not for evil...

But God, in His infinite Wisdom, does not dole out answers to prayers like some kind of holy gumball machine. Pray for patience, He will put situations in your life to teach you patience. Pray for integrity, He will put you in a position where the right choice isn't necessarily the first choice. He's pretty all powerful and omnipotent like that.

So, when I prayed for balance, He opened the floodgates. I haven't had a paying painting gig in 2 months. In the past 2 weeks, I've had 5 calls from old clients and a call from a decorator that wants to keep me working for the rest of my natural born life. God said, "Go find your balance."

I enjoy blogging more than I ever thought I would. I have met some of the most amazing, hilarious, inspiring, talented, God honoring people: pastors, writers, stay at home moms and daughters, college students, working men and women. It takes up time from my day, but time that, while can be a distraction, can also be an incredible blessing. All things in moderation.

Because I will be away from my computer quite a bit for the foreseeable future, I have asked Billy Coffey to be a regular guest blogger on HLAC. A request that he has graciously accepted. (Excuse me while I do a back flip - um...ouch!) I have also asked some of my blogger buddies to fill in on a rotating basis. If you enjoy this blog, I promise you, you will enjoy reading their work as well.

Beginning next week, Monday's posts will be written by Billy Coffey. In addition, on Wednesdays, I will introduce some of you to some of my favorite bloggers who will fill that spot for me. I will continue to be annoying and ridiculous the remaining days, save Sunday, where I will hopefully post something that honors God and refocuses this blogger on why I am here in the first place.

Thank you for your faithfulness to this blog. I think this is going to be awesomatasic!

6 comments:

Candy said...

I BHMB love you Awesome Katdish. Keep spinning those plates the way that you do, because He's bound to give you more.

Oh, and I need a decorator...one with a sense of humor, balance, and good ideas for walls that might talk some day. When you need another gig, that is.

Helen said...

I love you, too Katdish. Thanks for inviting me to do a guest blog. It's hard to pull back, (I know TWSS) but you are a blessing to many people around you. We in the blogushere can't hog you all the time.

Billy Coffey said...

Helen - "...pull back." Snort.

katdish - you're welcome. Now go take your dog out.

katdish said...

Monkey butt love right back at y'all!

And FYI Mr. Coffey, I wrote that post way before my dog woke me up to not pee. Now stop trolling blogs and get back to being brilliant. That's what I said.

Billy Coffey said...

katdish - Yes'm.

Annie K said...

I'll totally do a guest post. Cause that's the kind of gal(friend) I am.

Oh yeah, and I've noticed God doesn't answer my prayer requests in my time. Dang....