Saturday, February 6, 2010

On the Tweetdeck (repost)

I was planning a twitter post for today, but...well...I'm honestly just not up to it. (Sorry/you're welcome) So I thought I would repost one of my more impassioned speeches about Enriching lives through the power of social media (aka the twitter). May I present for your reading pleasure (or not)...

On the Tweetdeck:



Wow. Twitter is nuts. I have a very eclectic mix of people I follow, and boy does that make things interesting. I may have had some unfollows this week. I'm really not sure. It's really hard to keep up with the comings and goings of all those folks. But for those whom I may have offended and caused to unfollow me, I offer the following:

Tweeps, we live in a world that has tweetdecks
and those tweetdecks need to be guarded by people with sarcasm.
Who's gonna do it? You?
You, Mrs. Rainbow Unicorn Avatar?
I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.
You weep for Extreme Makeover - Home Edition
and curse my irreverence;
you have that luxury.
You have the luxury of not knowing what I know:
that monkey butt referenced tweets, while tragic,
probably saved lives
and that my existence,
while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
You don't want the truth
because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties
you want me on that tweetdeck,
you need me on that tweetdeck.
We use words like That's what she said.
We use them as the backbone of a life trying to mock something.
You use them as a disapproving unfollow.
I have neither the time nor the inclination
to explain myself to a twit who rises and sleeps
under the blanket of the very ridiculousness
I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way.
Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a keyboard and post a tweet.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
Back next week with my regularly scheduled post...

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

I find that at times folks expect me to explain myself. Once in awhile I will but 9 x outa 10 I find that I want that energy for something else.
You say it well in this post and I love the photo connection :-)

Doug Spurling said...

I love you Kat... sometimes I haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about (like now) but I've been kinda busy lately, trying to teach a nine-month old to walk and say Papa. So maybe, I've missed out on a battle scene or two. But you're in my prayers and I'm rootin' for you. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but...

Stephanie Wetzel said...

LOVE this. It reminds me that I need to find another movie speech to parody. Hmm...


YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TWEETS!

Sarah Salter said...

Oh, this makes me smile! YOU make me smile! Hugs, chica!