Friday, November 13, 2009

Seeing the forest for the trees



"You can't see the forest for the trees." We've all heard that expression, right? It means you get so caught up in the little picture that you fail to see the big picture. I sort of had a "seeing the forest" moment while going through my tweets from this week. It occured to me that I might come off as a tad blunt and maybe a bit direct. Has this revelation caused me to pause and reflect on whether my tweets might be taken the wrong way?

Heck no. I just wanted you to know that I know that about myself. Besides, I think you should say what you mean and mean what you say. Life is much less complicated that way...

Without further adieu, the best of me (or not) on the twitter:

@br8kthru You know, if you wanted to. I would never tell anyone what to do.

@br8kthru You need to switch to tweetdeck.

@br8kthru You need to make some calls...

@PeterPollock Thank you, Peter. You shall remain in my good graces for the rest of the day.

@PeterPollock Okay, maybe I am. But still...

@PeterPollock I'm not tweeting this stuff for my own personal enjoyment you know.

@PeterPollock Would you please tell @br8kthru that he needs to fix his PeopleBrowser so he can see my tweets?

But I'll settle of one out of three...

Peace on earth, goodwill towards men, and a Kindle.

What does @katdish want for Christmas?


@br8kthru You're welcome, also Jason. Am I still not showing up?

Welcome @TAnneAdams to the twitter. Now kindly change your avatar. That bird freaks me out.

RT @tremendousnews: "I met my boyfriend on Twitter. God. I wish I could go back to the days where he was limited to 140 chars"

RT @tim_____: My friend's GPS just called me a beeotch. All I did was pull out my iPhone.

@Helenatrandom Read you comment & was like, "What's a polish blessing? Wait! Polish blessing." Gotcha

Check out this article from Times Online http://bit.ly/3cCojr (Also check out how subtle I am in the comments section.)

@redclaydiaries Collecting baskets is a stretch. Why do you need to collect baskets? To keep crap in, that's why.

@sarahmsalter No! Books are useful. They enrich your life.

@CandySteele Crap to hold crap. You've just made my point.

And no, @candysteele that basket is NOT for sale and you don't need one anyway.

RT @redclaydiaries: @katdish But we wants it. //Yesh...

@HeatherSunseri "Kill your precious" is how I've heard it.

@billycoffey You have a non-vomit streak? Oh, do tell...

@billycoffey No, really. It's horrible while it's happening, but you'll feel much better afterwards

@billycoffey You should throw up.

@HeatherSunseri Anything can be said in 140 characters or less.

@HeatherSunseri What's it about?

RT @noveldoctor: Writing a novel is like running a marathon - there's a good chance you'll throw up before reaching the finish line

If you intend to write as truthfully as you can, your days as a member of polite society are numbered. - Stephen King

RT @marklamberti: I just unsubscribed from my blog. I've had enough of myself for now.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of television" - Fred Allen

RT @billycoffey: "Fiction is the truth inside the lie." ~ Stephen King //Also known as "Faction

@redclaydiaries That was so cleverly shameless...

@sarahmsalter Yes. Sometimes gratuitous violence does wonders .

@BridgetChumbley Really, Bridget - it matters not.

@redclaydiaries Well I don't buy baskets or candles. I'm anti-crap.

@dsanson I'll let you know as soon as the statute of limitations is over.

@pagan43 And for the love of Gumby, please don't tell me it's an investment



@pagan43 So why are they so expensive? And why do you NEED an expensive basket?

@redclaydiaries The puzzles pieces are all coming together, aren't they?

@makeadiff21 She says the hair keeps the pins sharp. But she made it like 30 years ago! Gaaa!

@redclaydiaries Hand to God - My mom has a pincushion stuffed with HUMAN HAIR!

I'm considering writing about stuff people collect and why. Any Logenbauer (sp?) collecters out there? And if so, why?

This just in: I have coupons following me on the twitter. They like me. They really, really like me...

@redclaydiaries My next house will have 4 dishwashers and no cabinets.

Does this make anyone want to eat chicken? Me neither. Thank you, Kroger.



@redclaydiaries Oooo! Skymall

@mabeswife I'd hang on to the savings bonds if I were you...

@mabeswife But of course! I'll send you an author's edition.

RT @mabeswife: @katdish YESH! //See? One book sold already. Bring on the offers.

Me thinks...yes

I've been quoted on twitter like 5 or 6 times. Could a book offer be far behind?

@pagan43 Yes, but that would require me to open a can and heat it up. It's more than I'm willing to do.

@br8kthru Food is overrated. I think I'll have a low carb monster and some whoppers

I really need to eat something

@BridgetChumbley Good. But I'm hungry. I just don't feel like making lunch. Devastating laziness has its drawbacks

@PuriChristos Oh, see...you didn't say when MAKING candles. I thought you were just going to be a Beavis and burn stuff

@PuriChristos Why are you asking about adding nutmeg to a candle? That's weird.

@PuriChristos You're so weird...

@joannamuses Liger flu....Yesh!

RT @redclaydiaries: @sarahmsalter I decline to answer that on the grounds that it might show me to be hopelessly lazy

@redclaydiaries I thought laundry was your arch nemesis. Can you have more than one?

RT @weightwhat: @katdish I heart Captain Underpants!!! //Somehow I knew that.

Hmmm....@br8kthru seems to be ignoring me.

@redclaydiaries nah. She wear her granny panties with pride

@redclaydiaries of course they're not mine. They're @candysteele's.

@redclaydiaries Just for you:



I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done. - Steven Wright

RT @BridgetChumbley: @katdish I've realized I need to humiliate my cats more often... my kids will appreciate the break! // ha!

I know. Subtle aren't I?

Speaking of great books. Can't wait for this one to come out (Fall 2010): http://bit.ly/23g1Kw

@BridgetChumbley Poor Buddy? He's a dog. Furthermore, he's MY dog. Not exactly a win-win situation.



@billycoffey whateva

RT @billycoffey: Okay, @katdish is kicking me off Twitter. I'll be back later when she isn't here...//Um hmm...thought so.

What the....@billycoffey ! GET OFF THE TWITTER and go back to resting before I come up there & smash your laptop with a hammer!

Once again, Sorry/you're welcome.

9 comments:

Stephanie Wetzel said...

So when I read your title, I thot, "What? No Ho-Down?"

After reading your post, I've decided that was deceptive advertising. People are gonna come here looking for Robert Frost poetry or something, and you ambush them with Twitter craaaaazyness.

Oh, and it's ADO.

ADO. Not ADIEU.

Do I have to do everything around here?

Billy Coffey said...

My streak's still intact! No thanks to you...

Helen said...

Kathy, your directness is what we love about you. You are direct, but at the same time considerate of other people's feelings. THAT is a delicate balance. Sometimes I find myself teetering...

I think the four dishwashers no cabinet idea is great, but did you have to go showing what kind of panties I wear? Well, at least you used a smaller size than mine...

jasonS said...

Okay, does anyone else think it looks like the chicken in the pic is dancing? Popping and locking to be more precise. :)

Thanks for the randomness!

And Billy, perhaps you should forgo the streaking- I don't think it's fitting for such a brilliant writer...

Anonymous said...

I'm still stuck on the HUMAN HAIR in the pin cushion. Makes me think of a voodoo doll.

Oh, Billy... I think Jason is right, but I'd be more concerned about the time of year, it is a bit cold for streaking... just sayin.

Maureen said...

Ah, the poetry's in the tweets. And the imagery in the pictures (at least one of which I could have done without).

Tony C said...

Okay...I've stealing the granny panties picture for an upcoming post!

Seriously...it's for my blog...

S. Etole said...

Well ... the first photo is nice ...

Wendy said...

I know what I'm going to get you for Christmas now. A basket full of candles. Maybe even some tacky porcelain animals that have to be dusted constantly. Why? Because I care.