Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Me Being Lazy: My maiden voyage into the blogosphere

Annie and Sherri posted their first posts, and since this truly appealed to the lazy slug in me, I thought I would do the same. Here are my first two posts:

Just Me here (4/30/08)

I'm not really sure what this blog is going to be about. But I've found myself writing really long comments on other people's blogs, so I figured I'd start my own and not subject anyone to my rambling commentaries unless they really want to read them
. (Yeah, that worked out, huh?)

Since my walk with Jesus is what's on my heart and mind most of my waking moments, (okay, that's what SHOULD be on my heart and mind most of my waking moments), I will probably blog about this often. But I'm also a painter and mural artist. So I'll probably post some pictures of recent work and give some painting how to's as well. And, oh yea, I'm also part of a core group that's planting a church! I'm sure I'll blog about that a bunch!

I guess my blog entries will be very much like my thoughts: A series of seemingly unrelated post-it notes of thoughts and commentaries from my overloaded ADD mind... "Hey look, a chicken!"

After some in-depth research, the results are in: (5/5/08)

I have been cruising all over the blogosphere. Wow! There are some really funny, creative, imaginitive and disturbed people out there!I have come to the conclusion that my blog sucks. I am going to be under some reconstruction for awhile.....

9 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

Isn't funny how our writing evolves over time? I love reading early posts. (and it's not TOO lazy ;) lol) Have a great day katdish :)

Helen said...

Katdish, I am so glad you found your voice. I can see a difference between your early and current writing. You have definitely improved. I am not saying early writing was bad, just that you've gone from good to better... I like to think that so have I.

jasonS said...

I disagree with Helen. You're early stuff sucked. ;) Only kidding! You've got almost 6 blogging months on me, but it's amazing how I know exactly what you're talking about. I started out with an idea and then it evolved from there as I read others' blogs, followed God, and picked up a couple readers (thanks Kat!).

Anyway, love to look at the beginning and see where God has brought us. Very cool.

Sherri Murphy said...

Where's the snark?

Your snark has evolved over these many months for sure!

Fun to see these first posts.

Candy said...

Funny how you used to be able to stay on task...

So you're a mural artist? Here's the deal - come to IA and I have this huge wall that drives me nuts and you can have your way with it.

Keep on keepin' on, katdish. You rock.

Tony C said...

I love the flashback!

I feel a kindred spirit with you. Are we fellow blog shock jocks?

Have a great Katdish kinda day!

Ryan B said...

Haha. I love the post on 5/5/08. I come to the same conclusion about my blog all the time. But it doesn't matter. I feel like even if all of our blogs suck they at least suck together and can each add a little bit to the mix. Thus, with all of our sometimes sucky blogs together, we can add up to a pretty unreal blog. And your blog doesn't suck.

JML said...

That's a great idea!!! I'll actually have to look more at some of the older stuff on your blog too. I have to admit, your response today made me smile! First, I'm glad you knew who I was writing about, (that man drives me crazy!!!!) but I'm struggling with this whole idea of diplomacy right now, it's wretched!!!!! I don't want to criticize the church (and church leaders) as much because I've just seen so much of it lately, but we are responsible to preach the gospel as well as protect it, aren't we? Anyways, I appreciate you and your passion, that brought joy to my heart today!!! (which I needed, work was hell on wheels...) :)

katdish said...

Kathy - thanks, but I'm incredibly lazy.

Helen - you are an awesome writer. You almost lost me during the Psalms phase, but that's just because it was less of you.

Jason S. - Some of my early stuff does suck, but then, so does much of my current stuff. I'm cool with that. I can't be brilliant (or humble) all the time!

Sherri - I was saving my snark for commenting on your blogs.

Candy - You're gonna have to give me a better incentive to visit you than "giant blank wall in Iowa".

Tony - There's actually a term for people who leave random, strange and/or inappropriate comments on other people's blogs. I don't do it on purpose (well, sometimes I do), but it's all kinds of fun, huh?

Jake - Oh, man! I'm so glad to read your comment. I was actually worried that I was going to offend you. But then I got to thinking, of all the multitudes of people I no doubt offend on a daily basis, you are probably the least likely person that I would offend! But still, I would never want to offend you, unless you were being a jerk. Come to think of it, some of my favorite posts of yours is when other people think you're being a jerk, so I don't even know if that's possible.